Discography of selected works resulting from/influenced by siberian trips
Recordings involving both Tim Hodgkinson and Ken Hyder
- The Goose: Valentina Ponomareva, Ken Hyder, Tim Hodgkinson ( Megaphone 004, USA) (Woof 014, UK) 1992
- Hot Sounds from the Arctic: Vladimir Rezitsky (Leo Records, CD LR 218, UK) 1994
- Burghan Interference: Shams (SLAMCD 238, UK) 2000
Recordings involving Ken Hyder
- The Crux of the Catalogue : Tomas Lynch, Linecheck Records (LCCD 002), UK, 1993
- Roots Run Deep : Chanter, Twang Dynasty Records (TDR1) UK 1995
- Urban Ritual : Tshisa! , Slam Records (SLAM CD 213) UK 1995
- The Ultimate Gift : Bardo State Orchestra, Impetus Records (IMP CD 19425) UK 1995
- Wheels Within Wheels : Bardo State Orchestra - with Tibetan monks from the Shechen monastery, Impetus records (IMP CD 19527) UKK 1996
- Stillness in the Solovki : Northern Lights (Rezitsky/Miller/Hyder), Long Arms Records (CDLA 98018) Russia 1998,
Listen to MP3: Shadows from the sky after a light snow
- The Known Is In The Stone : Hyder with Nicols / Brooks, Impetus Records (IMP CD 19732) UK 1998
On the Tomas Lynch and Chanter CDs I'm using Kargiraa within Irish traditional music.
The Rezitsky and Northern Lights CDs represent a general Siberian influence on the playing, while the Bardo CDs and the Urban Ritual CD are more specifically Siberian and influenced by shamanic music.
Recordings involving Tim Hodgkinson
- Sang; Tim Hodgkinson (ReR TH2, UK) 2000.
see "The Road to Erzìn" - "A tribute to the musicians of central asia, the morin-khuur and toschpulur and khomus players from whom I stole not so much as the tunes as the hint of another kind of conversation with the world."
- Contribution to compilation CD for LMC Resonance Magazine, volume 7, no 2, 1999: "Level Nine" recorded 22/9/92 in Yakutsk with Marfa and Sergei Rastarguev, Sasha Berioskin, Ken Hyder, Tim Hodgkinson.
Anyone travelling from London to Yakutsk, please contact us as we have royalties we need to get to our colleagues!